We are looking for a fun, dynamic, mature, Veterinary Assistant or RVT for a busy 6 doctor veterinary clinic in Pismo Beach. Small Animal Experience as a Veterinary Technician / Assistant is needed as are good people skills, the ability to multitask and a great attitude!
Ideal applicants will have some experience & proficiency in:
- Restraining small animals
- Venipuncture and catheter placement
- Radiography and laboratory preparations
- Anesthetic monitoring and triage
- Setup and assistance of surgical procedures and patients
- Filling prescriptions
Other Skills Needed:
- GREAT ability to multitask
- Be self-motivated
- Work well in a team setting
- Basic office functions
- Fast and efficient typing skills
- Ability to educate clients about preventative care, post surgical care and basic animal care info
- Maintaining patient records
- Proficiency with basic windows-based programs (like Word & Excel), email and the internet
We are looking for pt or ft coverage which may require a weekend day and possible swing shifts. Compensation depends on prior experience.
We are a strictly drug free clinic and have a non-smoking policy in and around the clinic grounds. A criminal background check for all employees of veterinary clinics is required for employment by California law.