- Dental month is coming up in February! Schedule your dental consult soon!
- Keep an eye out for QR codes on your pet’s prescriptions coming soon! These can be scanned to access additional information
- Look out for more Newsletters! We plan to send these out quarterly. If you would like your pet featured, please send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Resolutions
They’re for pets too!
It’s that time again to start the new year fresh and make a resolution! Your furry friends need your help keeping their resolutions as well. With 50% of adult cats and 40% of adult dogs being overweight, trimming a few pounds may be on your pet’s goal list for this year. Obesity leads to many health problems, including joint pain and diabetes, and decreases the lifespan of our beloved pets by about 2 years! Here are a few tips for weight loss:
- Measure food with an accurate measuring cup
- Feed according to package directions based on ideal, not current, weight
- Ask your veterinarian about weight loss diet option
- Visit this link for more detailed information and images of healthy dog and cat body shape: https://petobesityprevention.org/pet-weight-check