Meet Lulu, our Pismo Beach Veterinary Clinic Pet of the Week. Lulu came in for sudden onset of vomiting and diarrhea. She was also running around the house, rubbing her face, and acting itchy. Dr. Conn was suspicious, based on these symptoms, that Lulu was suffering from anaphylaxis, an allergic reaction, most often from a bee sting or bug bite. Sure enough, when he examined her closely, he found and removed a bee stinger from Lulu’s tongue!
Below is a picture of the tiny stinger in the middle of the gauze as well as a picture of cute little Lulu. Look for Dr. Conn’s recent KCOY Ask the Vet segment on allergic reactions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADC0PiCJyk